Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Salt and Pepper Shaker Girl

Moving always throws a few curve balls that change your typical routine. Since moving to New Mexico and due to the fact that most of our stuff is somewhere unknown in storage (including all of our food storage), we have eaten out more than we should have.
Cassidee has discovered the salt and pepper shakers!
Now everywhere we go she needs to put salt and pepper on her food. She NEEDS to, she says. I know it's because she just wants to shake the shaker of course.
Tonight we went to a Chinese restaurant. I treated myself because I was gone most of the day and Dan went straight to Young Men's night from work.
Everytime I looked away from Cassidee's direction she did a little "shake". Her fried rice had lots of pepper by the end. I took the shakers away. She pleaded to have them back in their little holder. (Of course the holder was right next to her plate.) She tried to be sneaky with them when she thought I couldn't see. (I was rather humerous to watch her out of the corner of my eye.)
Of course they got taken away again before the meal ended.
Apparently we can only go to restaurants that do not have salt and pepper shakers on the tables. Are there any?

2 comments:

  1. you could just bring scotch tape with you where ever you go, and cover the holes so she can shake all she wants without overly seasoning her food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever, I never thought of that. Then again, I've never had scotch tape in my purse either!

    ReplyDelete