Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Driving Mom CRAZY!

Cassee never quite knows what she wants and if she does, she doesn't quite know how to say it. We do everything three times and waste a lot of food. (Actually I end up eating most of it.) Here are some examples:

Example 1
- Breakfast. For breakfast she tells me she wants cheerios. I pour cheerios into a bowl. Instantly she gets mad and doesn't want them. She points to another box. Oh, she wanted Honey Bunches of Oats instead. I pour the cheerios back and pour honey bunches instead. Next I ask if she wants milk. No she says. I sit down. Instantly she's panicked. Oh, now she wants milk. Ok, I pour the milk. I sit down again. She's mad. She refuses to eat her cereal. She didn't want milk on it after all. Sheesh, I can't win. I learned to ask each question at least three times. If every answer is the same (which they usually are not!) then I follow through.

Example 2
- Doing her hair. She loves to get her hair done cute. She watches in the mirror while she stands on a stool. She smiles at herself in the mirror. I say, what hair-do do you want. She says pig-tails. I part the hair and do pig-tails. She gets mad and pulls her hair out of the bands. Sigh. What other pig-tails are there without them actually being pig-tails. Umm? Just the top half? Ok, now she's happy, except I forgot the bows. Pink? no. White? no. Purple, yes. Finally we are done with the hair.

Example 3
- The clothes. I pull out three bottoms and three tops. I let her pick. She grabs the pink shorts. I put the other two away. Instant panic! She wanted the blue ones, how dare I put them away! Repeat that with the shirts! Repeat that with the socks. Repeat that with the shoes!
I'm exhausted and notice that it's only 7:45 in the morning. (And this whole situation is not getting better with her increased ability to talk!)

Example 4 - Lunch. I say what do you want for lunch. She says bwead. (bread) I say what do you want on the bread? She says, peanut butter honey. I get out the peanut butter. She panics and cries out not that peanut butter. What peanut butter then? She shows me in the frig. Oh, she wants just butter. I get the honey. Panic again! I don't want the honey bear! You just want bread with butter? Yes.
Ok, I guess I'll eat the other two sandwiches I just made!

I wish I could read minds and predict the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment