Monday, August 31, 2009

Cassee's prayers



You gotta love the lingo that goes into a child's prayer. Months ago I hurt by back for a couple of weeks. The girls started praying for me every time we said any kind of prayer. Cassee's line is "Bless Mommy, sick all better." It became a line she put in every prayer. Eventually she added everyone else in the family as well.
"Bless Daddy, sick all better."
"Bless Emmee, sick all better."
"Bless Cassee, sick all better."
"Bless Adam, sick all better."
If you watch her give a prayer you can see her eyes move around the room so that she doesn't forget anyone. If you try to rush her to the end without her saying someone, she ignores you and keeps going. Sometimes she'll say everyone twice. The prayers can get a little long.
The other day I said a prayer at lunch. After I ended she looked up with an annoyed, yet hurt expression and said "Mommy, you didn't say Cassee sick all better!"
I had to say another prayer to make her happy.


1 comment:

  1. that's cute. at least she is praying for people... sam's prayers consist of "thank you for my toys. thank you i play with my toys. thank you my friends and i play with my toys." at least we know he's grateful for his toys!

    ReplyDelete