Monday, October 5, 2009

Cassee Flying on (and off) the Treadmill

A treadmill you say? I didn't know Dan and Leesa had a treadmill?

Well, we got it with the house. It was left in the garage. Now that we own the house, we figured we also own the treadmill too.

We put it in our master bedroom. It runs great too!

Mentally imagine this:
I'm in the shower (in the bathroom off the master bedroom, with the door open). I'm almost done. I hear Cassee screaming and a quick repeated thump, thump, thump.
It takes a minute to register to the brain what I'm actually hearing.
I run out of the shower, through the bathroom and across the bedroom (completely naked and dripping wet!)
Cassee has turned on the treadmill and pushed 7 (which is equivalent to a 8 1/2 minute mile). She is desperately hanging onto the bar across the top and running as fast as her little legs can possibly go. (and screaming her head off in a panicked terrified voice.) She slips and falls off the side just before I reach the STOP button.

She got two nasty rug burns, or should I say belt-from-a-treadmill burn. One on her elbow and one on her foot.
Here is one of her battle wounds:
The picture doesn't do justice.


The funny thing is that the same thing happened yesterday. She and Emmalynn were on the treadmill and she pushed the 7. They were both running as fast as they could, hanging onto the bar, and screaming. I was next to them on the bed and immediately hit the stop button. Neither of them fell, but it shook them up a little. I gave them a little lecture and assumed they wouldn't do that again. (As usual I now think of Dan's favorite saying, "Never ASSUME anything, it only makes an a-- out of U and Me." Yeah, yeah, what was I thinking?

1 comment:

  1. can it be unplugged when not in use? your kids don't need to lose any weight by exercising!

    ReplyDelete